The rate of type 2 diabetes is rising at an alarming rate in the US. The number one cause of diabetes is obesity. 90% of the type 2 diabetic population has pre-obesity or obesity. Here’s what you need to know to prevent or reverse this condition:
- Pre-obesity and obesity lead to “sick fat” cells, instead of healthy fat cells. Sick fat cells promote diabetes in several ways.
- The sick fat cells become resistant to insulin, resulting in higher blood sugars.
- Increased blood sugars and insulin resistance cause inflammation.
- Inflammation is the root of all degenerative diseases, including heart disease and cancer.
- This is why pre-diabetes and diabetes significantly increases your risk of heart disease and cancer.
This is completely reversible if acted upon early!
- Healthful nutrition, physical activity, and weight reduction can reduce and even place diabetes into remission.
- There are several medications that can also help. Metformin can help you reduce your weight and decrease your blood sugars.
- Ozempic and Mounjaro are breakthrough medication’s that not only treat diabetes but can help you lose 20% body weight on average.
- Controlling your cholesterol and blood pressure reduces your cardiovascular risks.
- The bottom line is that losing weight not only helps you feel better, but comprehensive programs like ours help you live healthier and live longer.
We are here to help you place your diabetes into remission or even reverse it!
Dr. Christine James
As a regional leader in obesity medicine, Dr. Christine James helps people from the Seattle area transform their lives. She provides science-backed, individualized weight loss programs at Sound Medical Weight Loss in Kirkland, Washington. Dr. James specializes in helping patients improve their overall well-being, including their cardiovascular health and conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea.